Several further Acts in 1918, 1926, 1930 and 1933 pushed the city limits further out into the Gloucestershire and Somerset countryside.
The 1930s Acts were significant as this southwards expansion incorporated Brislington and more agricultural land in Bedminster. This included the newly built Whitchurch airfield that the corporation had bought in 1929 and land ready for new council estates in Knowle/Filwood.
Council house building was now able to spread across the areas of Filwood, Hengrove and Bedminster Down.
The population of the city was now 385,000 and the boundary now enclosed 36 sq miles of land.